Beta issue - locked

linberl
linberl
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

1Password 7
Version 7.7.BETA-7 (70700007)
1Password Beta

See screenshots. It's showing locked on the fields to fill in but I can bring up my data on the mini in the browser. However, it won't paste from the mini by clicking on it. I have to copy and paste each field. Just started happening right after the very last update. Mac OS, Safari browser.

1Password Version: 7.7 beta
Extension Version: 7.7-7
OS Version: Mac OS High Sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @linberl!

If you refresh the page, does the 1Password inline menu unlock as expected?

• linberl
    linberl
    Community Member

No. It worked for a bit this a.m. when I first started using my computer. After about half an hour it started showing the locked button on log in boxes although the mini could be manually copied. It would not jump to sites if clicked in the mini so can't use it to navigate away to other sites. Refreshing or even closing the browser and reopening does not change it.

• prazgod
    prazgod
    Community Member

I can replicate this - I jumped for joy when I saw that 70700007 was meant to have fixed this - but it has not fixed this, even after multiple reinstalls and reboots it still breaks and even my keyboard shortcut doesnt fill and login.

• linberl
    linberl
    Community Member

I don't suppose there's an easy way to get out of the beta and go back to the last known good version? Without jumping through hoops that might mess up my database, of course. I rely on this app so much, it's not just my pw manager, it's my main navigation tool as well, so I'm really hampered....

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@linberl:

I don't suppose there's an easy way to get out of the beta and go back to the last known good version?

You can drag the 1Password app to the trash (just the app, don't use uninstaller or cleaning programs or you risk deleting your data too), and install the stable version from our website ;)

• rudy
    edited August 2020

@prazgod,

Unfortunately a release notes edit made it seem like it fixed the issue, it did not, it only fixed 1 specific issue that caused it to happen more frequently.

• linberl
    linberl
    Community Member

Okay, I'm gonna install the stable version for now. I like the betas and don't mind the little problems but this one has me stuck pretty badly. thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @linberl :+1:

• linberl
    linberl
    Community Member

I'm bad to normal now with the stable version. How will I know if this particular beta glitch has been resolved? I'd like to opt back in at that point.

• tewha
    tewha
    Community Member

I hit this all the time. I know it's just one bug, but it's a brutal one.

• Hi @linberl

The best way would be to keep an eye on the release notes. :)

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7 (check "show betas")

Ben

• @tewha

Understood; thanks for sharing your experience here. Hopefully we'll have the rest of this sorted soon.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.