Password doesn't work on macOS app but does on website and Android

bd_va
bd_va
Community Member
edited August 2020 in Mac

My master password doesn't work on the macOS app but does on the website and Android app. I did a password reset through "recovery" but no luck (the new password works everywhere but in the macOS app). I then deleted and re-installed the macOS app, still no luck. The macOS app only prompts for the master password --- the menu item to change accounts (so I can delete the account & reconnect) is grayed out. How can I reset the macOS app without resetting any stored vaults?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2020

Hi @bd_va! Welcome to the forum!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email with the same question. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: LZH-32696-731

• bd_va
    bd_va
    Community Member

OK, thanks. I wasn't sure if the "support" was from Agilebits and the "forum" was from other users. Are both Agilebits ? Which is the better place to post questions?

Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2020

@bd_va:

Yes, they are both AgileBits :+1: You are free to use whichever method you prefer, but for certain categories of questions we recommend email (for example, for billing questions, so you don't have to share personal information on a public forum).

The forum might be a bit quicker since other users can reply to questions too, but if you look at the forum categories, you will see that several staff members try to answer every question too :)

• bd_va
    bd_va
    Community Member

OK. good thanks... I noticed that all the staff members tend to be "ag_".

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Most of us do, yes :)

• bd_va
    bd_va
    Community Member

Thanks for your help. I received an answer to this question from from the other support ticket I filed and it worked. Just posting the answer here in case someone else hits the problem and comes across this thread.

"If you've recovered their account and are now unable to sign in on their devices, it sounds like you may need to reset the apps so that you can do a full sign-in again. Here are the steps to reset all the 1Password apps: https://support.1password.com/starting-over/#reset-1password

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @bd_va, I am glad to hear this :) If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.