I live in an apartment. I am noticing that 1Password fills the address field with the Apartment

jwsmith
jwsmith
Community Member
edited September 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

I live in an apartment. I am noticing that 1Password fills the address field with the Apartment # instead of the street address. Can you address this?

1Password Version: 1.21.0 (build #20120)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Apartment # fills in the street address field

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jwsmith! Welcome to the forum!

What website is this happening with?

• jwsmith
    jwsmith
    Community Member

Hi ag_ana - Unfortunately, I didn't make note of it but it has happened multiple times. I'll try to note the websites in the future.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jwsmith ,
    Can you test it on our autofilling test page? https://fill.1pw.co/

If it still occurs there, can you please try creating a new identity item with your name, and address, then test it again and see if the issue persists?
    If so, we'll need to know how exactly are you writing your address in the identity item, so provide us with an example of the format of your address (but not your real address).

• jwsmith
    jwsmith
    Community Member

Hi ag_yaron,

I tried the test page https://fill.1pw.co/ with my cursor in the first field (Username) and clicked 1PW to Fill from my Identity. Only the Username field was filled. I then clicked into the first name field and clicked 1PW to Fill from my Identity again; this time, the entire form was filled, including the Apt # in the secondary address field. I then duplicated the page & then clicked into the first name field and clicked 1PW to Fill from my Identity again; this time, the entire form was again filled, including the Apt # in the secondary address field. I will try to obtain the additional information when it happens again. Thanks for your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @jwsmith! Do you see the same behavior even with a brand new Identity field, as ag_yaron suggested, or have you only tested one of your existing Identity items?

• jwsmith
    jwsmith
    Community Member

I have only used my existing identity ... and haven't yet had a recurrence of the issue.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That is good to hear @jwsmith! Thank you for the update :)

This discussion has been closed.