1 passord 6 will not open

nickolette
nickolette
Community Member
edited September 2020 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I continue to us 1 password 6. Mac OS 10.15.6. I have extension helper turned off for 1 password 7. This setup had been fine until the last couple of days. Now 1password6 will just sit thinking after I put in password.

If I shut down and restart I get the "Connecting to 1password mini box. This fails. None of the options at the website as a result of this correct the problem.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.6
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:will not open

Comments

• Hi @nickolette

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please clarify this:

I have extension helper turned off for 1 password 7.

Do you have both 1Password 6 and 1Password 7 on your computer? If so, this is not a configuration that is likely to work. Frankly I'm surprised it worked until recently. Please remove one or the other and then reboot the computer. :)

Ben

• nickolette
    nickolette
    Community Member

That does not seem to have made a difference. Only 1Password6 is now in the applications folder and the app will still not open up. I type in the password and the key oscillates in color like it will open but never does. What else can I do?

Aaron.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2020

@nickolette:

Only 1Password6 is now in the applications folder and the app will still not open up. I type in the password and the key oscillates in color like it will open but never does.

Can you please clarify this for us? You say that the app does not open, but it sounds like the app does open, but just does not unlock. Is this correct?

• nickolette
    nickolette
    Community Member

You are correct. It has been trying to unlock since the start of this thread....about 2 days. I have rebooted multiple times without success.

• Thanks for the additional information @nickolette. As 1Password 6 has been retired and is no longer being updated we're in a bit of a tough spot here. If there is some sort of issue with it that requires a change in code to fix that wouldn't be something that would be pursued at this point. I do have an idea here though. I'll shoot you an email to the address you've got on file here in the forum so we can discuss further. Will send that shortly. Thanks!

Ben

ref: UMS-14913-834

This discussion has been closed.