🎉1Password Development Preview 0.8.6

SavanniSavanni

Team Member
edited September 14 in Linux Development Preview

Happy Monday, everyone!

Short and sweet release this week. We're all heads-down on making it possible for you to edit your items. So, this week, we have a short list of bug fixes for you.

Did You Know?

1Password for Linux uses the Inter font for readability in both sans-serif and monospace text. Because we bundle the font, the application will be readable even if you break all the fonts on your system.

Ask me how I know.

New And Improved

• It wasn't possible to sign in with a password that contains the " character. Thanks to @xver for reporting this. #2760
  • Simplified how naming works when creating new collections. !3105
  • All vaults that are private to the user now show up under the Private Vaults section on the sidebar. #2591

Installing and Upgrading

Go to the getting started guide for instructions on installing or updating 1Password.

Thank you to everyone who is providing feedback on this journey! Our development team will be active in this forum so when you find issues please let us know here.

Comments

• dtearedteare Agile Founder

Team Member

I'd like to ask how you know things continue to work even when your system fonts are broken. 🙂

• This might be because of the app being in dev, but I'm seeing a lot of "dead" items (nothing happens when I click on them) that I presume to be stuff I have deleted before. Also there seems to be a lot of old collections.

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member
    edited September 16

Hi @alvarlagerlof,

Thanks for reporting that. The "dead password items" is a known issue and it has been fixed for the next update. You're seeing the generated password items from 1Password X's generator history vault that isn't supposed to show up in the 1Password for Linux app. You can see more details in the bug report thread here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/115838/empty-password-items-showing-up-in-0-8-6-update-confirmed

Also there seems to be a lot of old collections.

Can you clarify that a bit more as that's not related to the first issue.

If you restart the app, does it clean up the old collections?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file