Keyboard shortcuts for copying values

Hello,

will there be an option to copy a value from currently opened page via a keyboard shortcut (basically to substitute clicking on "Copy" button with mouse)?

Most of the times I know the username and obviously I don't know the password, so I'm looking for a solution how to grab it quickly.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 0.8.5-1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Linux
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member
    edited September 14

Hi @VANAN,

Thanks for taking the time to ask.

Will there be an option to copy a value from currently opened page via a keyboard shortcut (basically to substitute clicking on "Copy" button with mouse)?

When you said currently opened page, do you mean a website in a web browser or the item details view inside the main 1Password app?

If the former, we do plan to integrate with 1Password extension to let you fill your data in in a future development build. For now, you can add 1Password X extension to your web browser to fill it in with the keyboard shortcut.

If the latter, you can tab to the field and press enter to copy the field for now. We do plan to add additional keyboard shortcuts to copy the most commonly used fields like copy username/password without searching for them to click.

• Hi @MikeT,

sorry for not being clear, I meant the item detail view inside the app.

I tried it with tab+enter for now and it works, looking forward to the shortcuts for that! :-)

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member
    edited September 15

Glad to hear that helps a bit for now.

ref: dev/core/core#2810

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file