feature request: generate "Mostly Memorable Password"

When auto-fill fails or unavailable, and the site required a symbol, number and upper case letters in the password, manually entering "swede-neil-gratify-rob-)Dn5" is mush easier than pure random passwords, e.g. "V6cMpt+MxqT!1=mvKPv".

Also, can we configure "Memorable Passwords" to use spaces instead of dashes as word separators?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @808dave ,

Where are you generating passwords? In which app?
    I'm generating a memorable password right now in the 1Password X extension in my browser and what you're asking is quite possible:

Also, keep in mind that you can edit the password directly in the generator before using it - simply click anywhere in the password to edit it and add your own symbol or any other modification you'd like to perform, then click on "Autofill".

• 808dave
    808dave
    Community Member

Thanks for showing how to specify different word separators.

Is there any way to chose the type of password when filling in a form, like below?

Or can I configure it so that when picking "Generated Password", it generates a period-separated & capitalized memorable password?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @808dave ,

When you select the "Generate Password" option from within the inline menu in a field, it will automatically generate one based on our own pre-determined recipe that was designed to fit most websites while keeping a high standard and strength. Users cannot adjust that pre-determined recipe.

Instead of using that option from within the inline menu, open the fully-fledged Password Generator (Click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser -> Click the big PLUS icon and select "Password Generator"), where you can select the type of password, its length and other customization options.

I hope that clarifies things further :)

• 808dave
    808dave
    Community Member

First, thanks for answering.

"No and no." would've sufficed.

While remembering to open the generator when updating an expired password works, it's not user-friendly.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the feedback @808dave .

We're planning on improving the UI of reaching the generator in the future, I'll add your report here to the log. Much appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.