Master password doesn't seem to work when typed too fast

lgandecki
lgandecki
Community Member

I'm a super fast typist. I've been using 1password for over a year now and it has always been surprising that I basically NEVER seem to get the password right the first time around I'm typing it. I used to just repeat it with the same speed and I would fail again and again. The moment I slow down it magically works. It might suggest that I make mistakes with high speed typing but after a year I'm getting more confident that's not the case. I type hours and hours every day and especially for things I type frequently my accident rate is really low.

Seems like this guy had a similar problem and also confirmed other people had it as well:
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/47355/master-password-doesnt-work-when-typing-fast

You may think I'm just bragging and I make more mistakes than I realize (I'm just a human after all) so this is a screenshot of a few minutes long test when I made two mistakes in a few hundreds words while being faster than 99.58% that ever took that test.

Typing random words is much more difficult than password that I have to write over and over and over. Are you guys sure there is no limitation, that supposed to for example prevent automation typing/pasting the password in?

This is really annoying as it gets me out of the flow when I work.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lgandecki! Welcome to the forum!

Are you guys sure there is no limitation, that supposed to for example prevent automation typing/pasting the password in?

I don't believe there is such a limitation: for example, as a test, I have just tried pasting my Master Password to unlock the app, and 1Password unlocked without issues. If there were limitations based on speed, I think you would receive an error message in this case as well.

This discussion has been closed.