4.1b6 Icons Under Swiped Title On Selected List Item Not Right

Penelope Pitstop
Penelope Pitstop
Community Member
edited December 2012 in iOS
Is this bug reproducible?

Yes in 4.1b6.

Which devices did this bug appear on and is it reproducible on any devices?

iPad, landscape orientation.

A quick summary of the bug:

Icons appearing underneath swiped title on selected item in list are greyed out and do not update despite being functional.

Detailed Step-by-step instruction on how to reproduce it:

1. Turn iPad into landscape orientation. Create a new login item and select it in the list in the left panel.

2. Swipe across item title in the list. Firstly the contrast between the icons and the background is insufficient unless the display brightness is turned up very high. It's like they are greyed out. However if you select one item and swipe another, the icons are appropriately displayed:

Photo%20Skitch%20Document.jpg
vs

Secondly, even though the icons are functional, they don't update e.g. if you touch the favourite icon, it doesn't turn yellow even though the item is moved to favourites.

3. On a related note, I think the favourite icon at the top of the detail display for the selected item should be made more vividly yellow when it is a favourite. To my eyes it isn't really obviously filled in.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2013

Hi,

The grayed out actions icons in the selected item is a known issue, we're working on fixing it. I'm not sure if we'll change the yellow color as we don't want it to be distracting from the whole view, it's there when you need to know but it doesn't need to be that bright to point your eyes away from the details.

Thanks for reporting it!

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member

Thanks for responding Mike. Maybe your eyes are better than mine but I have difficulty in seeing it plus it is inconsistent either the more visible colour used in the app sidebar.

• Hi,

That's because on the sidebar, it's an external star while in the item's detail view, it's an internal star. I'm sure I'm using the wrong term but I think you'll get what I mean.

It's meant to be like this because of how it is designed and its intentions, the sidebar is the list of external views of your data while the top bar is the internal options for your items.

I hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.