Safari Extension scrolling generated passwords

Hi,

I am using the Safari for Windows extension 3.9.10b1. Because I'm paranoid, it is my habit to generate 20-character passwords, and then to copy them to the clipboard before hitting the Fill button. Since the 20-character password is wider than the displayed field, I drag to the right to perform the selection. But if I hit the right edge of the extension's drop-down window, the whole window contents scrolls to the left, making it all disappear with no way of getting it back. I am attaching a screen shot, taken before the whole window disappears.

Best,
David

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for reporting this, David. I'll see if we can resolve this in an update.

For now, just triple-click the password field to highlight the whole password. (Double-clicking will only select the whole password if there are no symbols in it, otherwise the selection will stop at the first symbol.)

Or, just don't copy the password to the clipboard since 1Password saves the password to the the password history for the domain when you click the "Fill" button. Once you've filled the password, you can retrieve it at any time by clicking the "View password history" button while viewing a page on the domain for which the password was generated. Your most recently generated password will be listed at the top and you can fill it with a single click or click the circled ">" to copy the password to the clipboard by clicking on it.

But don't take my word for it. Try it yourself. :)

View_password_history-5-20121203-144158.png
This discussion has been closed.