4.1b18 iPhone Takes Ages To Unlock [Resolved in 4.1.1b1]

Penelope Pitstop
Penelope Pitstop
Community Member
edited January 2013 in iOS
Is this bug reproducible?

Yes in 4.1b18.

Which devices did this bug appear on and is it reproducible on any devices?

iPhone 4. Doesn't seem to be a problem on iPad.

A quick summary of the bug:

1PW taking in excess of 30 seconds to unlock when submitting master password.

Detailed Step-by-step instruction on how to reproduce it:

1. Open 1PW, type master password and touch GO.

2. 1PW takes 30-45 seconds to unlock.

Comments

• Steve_Joyner
    Steve_Joyner
    1Password Alumni
    I cannot duplicate this behavior on iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2 on b18.
  • Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    scjoyner wrote:

I cannot duplicate this behavior on iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2 on b18.

I think it might be specific to the iPhone 4 for some reason. I can reproduce it on that every time but not on the iPad.
  • Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    Still happening on iPhone 4 in b20.
  • Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    The delay seems to be about the same as it takes to do an iCloud sync. Don't know if it is related.
  • Hi Penelope,

If you disable the iCloud Sync and then restart the 1Password app completely, does it speed it up at all? We haven't heard of any performance issues on the iPhone 4, it should actually be a bit faster.

Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi Mike

No that didn't speed it up. Weirdly, when I went into the settings to switch off iCloud sync, the iCloud switch was greyed out and appeared to be set to OFF for quite a while (30s) and then suddenly turned ON and a progress bar showed up as it started syncing.

So, then I tried switching off Dropbox sync and restarting too. Then the unlock is instantaneous.

Switching iCloud sync back on and restarting, the unlock is instantaneous.

Switching Dropbox sync back on and restarting, the unlock is back to the long delay (30-45 seconds).

I must conclude that it is something to do with Dropbox?

Incidentally, switching Dropbox sync off mid sync after this caused the app to crash.
  • sergiomiranda
    sergiomiranda
    Community Member
    I have the very same issue using Dropbox sync, I switched from iCloud syncing and everything was ok before. Also with an iPhone 4, it happened before with beta 18 and now with the 4.1 stable.
    Unlocking usually takes between 40 to 70 seconds when starting the app , about the same time it takes for the Dropbox sync to finish if I go to Settings / Sync / Sync Now.
    After unlocking the first time or a recent sync, locking it manually and unlocking is fast.
  • kkirsche
    kkirsche
    Community Member
    Mine was slow to unlock in beta 18 but in beta 20 it's fast again. Not sure why or how.
  • Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    I'm still getting it in b20 but it is nice to know I'm not alone :)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks for all your feedback, everyone.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There is a known issue that is [/font]specific to iPhone 4[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] which we are working to resolve. I'm told we have enough data to proceed right now, but I just want to make sure you all know this is being worked on. The issue as I currently understand it pertains to Dropbox syncing on iPhone 4. If you are not syncing via Dropbox and not using an iPhone 4 you are likely experience a different issue. Please do start a new thread in that case so we can better assist you.[/font]
  • Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    Seems to be fixed in 4.1.1b1 :)
  • [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hey Penelope,[/font]

Thanks for the update. My testing indicates that 4.1.1b1 fixed the issue on my iPhone 4 too.

I'll wait to hear from some others before celebrating, but it's looking good so far. :)

Brandt
  • sergiomiranda
    sergiomiranda
    Community Member
    edited January 2013
    I can confirm that for me it seems fixed in the latest beta.
  • sergiomiranda,

Thanks for confirming! I've heard some other confirmations as well, so I am confident that the issue is resolved. I'll add a note to this thread's topic title indicating so, but if anyone finds a different result, please let us know.

Brandt
This discussion has been closed.