Is this bug reproducible?
YesWhich devices did this bug appear on and is it reproducible on any devices?
iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1, 1PW3.7.2, 1PW4.1b18A quick summary of the bug:
The new build 1PW4.1b18 broke the import from 1PW3 version into 1PW4. Earlier builds 4.1b15 and 4.1b17 have no issue with import
from 1PW3 although the process is not consistent (I'll post in a separate topic later). From the recent change log, this may be due to the CFBundleURLSchemes or CFBundleURLName updates made in 4.1b18 regarding the onepassword related URL schemes. A consistent behavior is when 1PW3 opens, it should display the familiar dialog where it detects a 1PW4 version is installed and prompts user to import. 4.1b18 no longer produce this behavior.Detailed Step-by-step instruction on how to reproduce it:
- Backup 1PW3 data using 1ptbackup or other methods.
- Uninstall/Delete both 1PW3 and 1PW4 apps on iPhone
- Install 1PW3.7.2
- Open 1PW3, setup Master password and add one or more entries OR simply restore from any 1ptbackup files or from other methods.
- Close 1PW3 and force quit this app from background
- Install 1PW4.1b17
- Open 1PW4, you may see a dialog to upgrade (to 4.1b18 or any higher version) - simply ignore any upgrade for now.
- Select 'I've used 1Password before' and Import from old version.
- Enter new Master Password for 1PW4 and re-enter the Master Password, skip the Hint view.
- You should see a view with 'Get started!' button. Select Get started! button. This should setup a new DB in 1PW4.
- 1PW3 app is opened automatically - you will be prompted to enter the quick unlock code or master password for 1PW3 - DO NOT unlock yet
- Click on iPhone HOME button
- Force quit both 1PW3 and 1PW4
- Open 1PW3, enter any Quick unlock code or master password for 1PW3.
- Dialog is displayed prompting for Import into 1Password app. Select the button 'Import into new 1Password'.
- You will be prompted with 3 options - Open in 1Password, Mail, Copy
- Select 'Open in 1Password'
- 1PW4 app opens at the enter Master Password view - ignore any upgrade option if prompted.
- Enter the Master Password of 1PW4.
- You should now see a view the Import view. Select the Begin Import button.
- All entries from 1PW3 will be imported into 1PW4 (except for trashed items).
- Preview the new entries in 1PW4 to verify.
Repeat the same steps as above but install 1PW4.1b18
instead of 1PW4.1b17 - no dialog is displayed after step 14 and you are stuck without any option to import into 1PW4.Workaround
- Stick with 4.1b17
- Install 4.1b17, import old entries from 1PW3, then upgrade app to 4.1b18.
Hope this helps.