Downloading icons in 1Password 3.8 for Mac

BD1
BD1
Community Member
edited January 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Why don't the icons in the iphone app match the icons in the mac app?

For example, I have www.apple.com showing the apple icon in my iphone app but on the Mac app it does not show any icon?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Hey BD1

I assume you are referring to the new 1Password 4 iOS ? If so they are enabled by default inside the app if I recall correctly. Its called show "rich icons"

Inside 1Password Mac for example you need to enable the previews and allow 1Password Mac to download them.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/119736488/Screenshots/Screen Shot 2013-01-18 at 3.55.41 PM.png
    I am using the MAS version so my preferences may look a little different than yours if you are still running the agilebits site version.

Make sure to enable the previews and from there you can check download missing previews.
  • BD1
    BD1
    Community Member
    Yes I am using v4 iOS and they have rich icons turned on. And on my Mac I have automatically download icons and previews checked. I tried turning this pref on and off but still on my Mac I have missing icons. For example www.apple.com. The icon shows up in iOS but not in Mac v3.8.20

Any ideas?
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Weird,

Any firewalls, like little snitch etc ?

Can you navigate to any of your logins and in the upper right hand corner in the placeholder for the pic right click and select download preview. 1Password should go off and find the appropriate preview. You will see activity / progress bar in the lower left hand most pane.
  • BD1
    BD1
    Community Member
    No firewalls and most websites work fine. Some don't like apple

And apple has the correct preview, it is just the icon that doesn't update. I have tried turning the preference on/off and quitting 1P.
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Ok lets back up You said icon doesn't update but the preview is correct.

Maybe I mis read something, Apple on mine looks like this http://goo.gl/DXQeZ and the icon like this http://goo.gl/lVqfc Is that by chance what you are seeing.
  • BD1
    BD1
    Community Member
    My preview has current www.apple.com page showing the ipad mini. My icon has default/missing icon.

Now when I change my 1P view to the first view I see the apple icon is there but when I am on the middle (widescreen) view (the one I use) it is missing the icon. The traditional view is also missing the icon. I am just now checking these other views. The shelves view does show the apple icon.
  • BD1
    BD1
    Community Member
    Agile: any ideas? Is this a bug(missing icons in widescreen/traditional views vs shelves view)? See last post. Thanks.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Icons are handled completely differently between 1Password 3 for Mac and 1Password 4 for iOS. They are not synced between Mac and iOS. What applies to one does not apply to the other. (1Password 4 for Mac will likely load the icons from the image server just like 1Password 4 for iOS to bring parity in that regard. It just hasn't been released yet.)

Your question is about 1Password 3 for Mac, so I moved the discussion to the Mac forum. I think part of the confusion is that the thread you were posting in got too long and there are questions about both Mac and iOS strewn throughout it even though they have nothing in common.

What is the exact URL saved in the Login item you seem to be having trouble with?

What happens if you edit the Login, right-click the preview, select "Clear Preview" and then "Download Preview"?

1Password-20130119-163218.png

What happens if you save a new Login item for that same domain?
  • hagane
    hagane
    Community Member

Hello,
    I've been going through my login items updating them and noticed that I can't update the icons for some websites.
    I can instead update the preview, although I have to do it in each login item as the Preferences/Logins/Download Missing Previews does just that only download missing previews, while it would be nice if it could update all previews and icons.

Using MAS version 3.9.6 (39600.038)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

You are correct. "Download Missing Previews" only downloads missing previews since many folks set custom images, and we don't want 1Password to wipe those out. If you haven't set any custom images, you might consider using the "Remove All Previews" button and then "Download Missing Previews" to refresh all of them. Just note that "Remove All Previews" is not reversible (short of restoring from a backup). Actually, it might not be a bad idea to create a backup before proceeding. :)

I hope that helps. Please let me know if there is something more specific I can help with.

• hagane
    hagane
    Community Member

Thank you for your answer.
    Just to be clear.

If I

1. Remove All Previews
    2. Download Missing Previews

I get updated icons and previews as they are both downloaded from the relative websites?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Should be, yes. But "Remove All Previews" will do exactly what it says, so be sure you don't have any custom images you don't want to lose.

This discussion has been closed.