Identity filling on shop.oreilly.com

I've been using 1P for over 5 years now. There has definitely been improvement made over this time, and it seems to work well now with all browsers I use.

One area in my mind, however, that has shown no improvement, is the ability to use your identity to auto-complete a web page. Fortunately, this is only in practice an occasional, rather than frequent problem since I am not enrolling on new web sites every day. But I am always annoyed by how poorly fields are matched--even simple things like getting first name into the first name field, and last name into the last name field is a challenge. Then having some fields acting like a default and populating multiple fields is just kind of ridiculous, which often makes using the 1P identity more trouble than it is worth since the incorrect content needs to be removed in so many places. I tried enrolling here today and was reminded about this again, and just wanted to see if some effort can be made to improve this part of the application. I know web pages can vary greatly, but this is something that I don't ever recall having such an issue with when using Roboform.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, opa! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

As you hinted at, with trillions of websites on the Internet it can be hard to get 1Password to fill Logins, Credit Cards, and Identities perfectly on all of them. We mostly need to rely on reports of specific sites where there is a specific issue from helpful users like you. Thanks for including that URL in your post. I don't normally see problems with Identity filling myself, but everyone visits (and signs up for) different sites.

We appreciate your feedback and will work to make 1Password better for you. If we can be of further assistance in the meantime, please let us know. We are always here to help! :)
  • NateS
    NateS
    Community Member
    That's really strange, because I have been using 1Password since August of 2006 and I rarely have this problem, and on those few occasions when it occurs it is easy to see why it happens - the webmaster of the site has used a non-standard term for the field label.

Is it possible that opa is having some problem related to his own setup? I use Chrome, Firefox and Safari with 1Password and see no difference in that behavior from one browser to another.

Regards, Nate
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Nate, are you referring specifically to the URL reported in the post above? I'm glad things are working well for you, but I want to make sure we're on the same page. :)
This discussion has been closed.