Did the Safari Extension just re-install itself?

Hi, I just launched Safari (Mac), and as usual, I got a blank tab (default setup) but I got a second tab welcoming me to the 1Password extension, letting me know I successfully set up the extension (link for this web page as follows: http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/3_minute_expert.html)

Problem is I already had it installed, in fact had used it earlier tonight. So why did I get that page again? I mean, it's useful info, I saw the same page when I initially installed it, but it just reintroduced itself -- is this something i should be concerned about? Security issue?

Pls advise if you need further details or info.

Thx, Sean

Comments

• Hi Sean,

No, that's normal if you just reset Safari or cleaned up after it by removing its cookies/databases files. Please read this for more information.

I hope that helps.

• Yzerguy
    Yzerguy
    Community Member

Thanks Mike, it certainly helped -- I did search the database but didn't come across that article, apologies for not tracking it down myself. Sean

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Mike, you are quite welcome! :-)

There is a lot of information to sort through. You shouldn't have to hunt it all down yourself. That's what we're here for.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.