Discount for the iOS app again for the jailbreak community?

Options
icmusic
icmusic
Community Member

I would like to know if it is at all possible for Agilebits to offer the discount pricing again for the jailbreak community. I have been stuck with iOS 5 on my 4s due to the unavailability of a jailbreak on iOS 6. The jailbreak was finally released today, and I'm finally able to upgrade to 6. Unfortunately I was not able to purchase 1Password 4 before today, because I was not allowed to with the previous iOS version, and now that I'm ready to upgrade the discount period is already over :(

Comments

• Hi @icmusic,

The App Store doesn't allow us to offer discounts to certain folks/communities, it's one price for everybody. So, you'll have to wait for the next sale if you want to grab the app at the discounted price.

I don't have a timeframe on the next sale but it'll happen again is all I can say.

• icmusic
    icmusic
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike for the timely reply! I understand that it is not possible to offer discounts to selected people. I guess what I was wondering is whether or not it is possible for a sale to be placed (perhaps in the next few days), knowing that a lot of us who have purchased 1Password 3 before will be looking to upgrade?

• Hi @icmusic,

The problem is that we just finished the sale over the weekend from Macworld already. To do another sale right after it, it wouldn't make people who paid the full price happy as this is our second sale in a month. We want to spread it out evenly but if we were to keep having sales, then we might as well just keep discounted price for good.

• icmusic
    icmusic
    Community Member
    Options

Haha thanks Mike. I guess I'll just have to keep an eye out for the next one!

• You're welcome! We generally announce it in our twitter account, so you can catch it there.

• tatchley
    tatchley
    Community Member
    Options

@icmusic, Even though you did not update due to the jailbreak, you still could have purchased the application through the Desktop version of iTunes. So, you would get it in time during the sale, but you would have been forced to stare at it until you could use it. Just a tip if you ever run into this situation again. The more you know...

• Great tip, thanks @tatchley.

• icmusic
    icmusic
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @tatchley I actually didn't know that's possible!

This discussion has been closed.