Login vs another category or both

Options
kknarn
kknarn
Community Member

Just set up a number of memberships and credit cards in 1P. I use these memberships and credit cards online. But when I go to the site via 1P and try to sign in, it doesn't show in the options. Do I have to enter ALL my entries into LOGIN as well their own category?

Comments

• Hi @kknarn,

There are three categories that 1Password can use to fill in your data: Logins, Credit Cards, and Identities.

If you have a membership item that has a website, you should create a separate Login item and only copy the username/password along with its website. That way, you keep them separate and only enter the information as requested on the membership's site.

You can find out more about the Categories here

• kknarn
    kknarn
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! This clarifies my choices. (However, the ability to login using the other categories would be a nice feature to add) :-)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Mike, you are quite welcome!

The filling needs to follow some strict rules in order to work consistently, so we have selected Logins, Credit Cards, and Identities as the items 1Password is designed to fill in the browser, but I'll pass your vote along for filling other items as well. It just increases complexity and the chance of it not working reliably. It can be hard enough just to get Logins to fill correctly on all the trillions of websites on the Internet. :)

This discussion has been closed.