Logins vs all categories

gregr
gregr
Community Member

On my iPhone and iPad, I normally only want to see Logins. So I go to categories, select Logins, and I'm good to go.

The problem is, sometimes it seems to forget this setting, and goes back to showing me everything. So I either have to sift through a bunch of stuff that's not relevant in the mobile context (e.g. software licenses), or once again go to categories and select Logins.

Is there some way to make the Logins category "stick"? Or some other way to accomplish what I'm getting at?

Thanks!

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2013

Hi @Gregr,

At the moment, no, there isn't a way to directly go to Logins or set a default view. 1Password does have support for state restoration, which should retain the location you're at before you leave the app. So, if you're always in Logins, it'll remain as such.

If at some point, the iOS app was forced to quit due to memory restrictions, it may have to reset the state back to Categories. You may see this more often on smaller and older devices with low memory capacities.

We're working on improving the state restoration system, it should be able to save the state to disk, so that when it is terminated in memory, it should read back from the disk, however I don't have a timeframe on when this will be improved.

Thanks for writing in about this.

• soundsgoodtome
    soundsgoodtome
    Community Member

1Password does have support for state restoration, which should retain the location you're at before you leave the app.

Hey, MikeT,

Sadly, this is true only if the app isn't removed from the iOS device's "app tray" (or whatever it's officially called). Despite what Apple claims, leaving apps in that tray does in fact affect device performance. That is, certain, hoggy apps "ruin it" for the rest of them. So, I routinely remove, from the tray, apps that I'm not actively using. And after doing so, the next time 1Password is launched, it defaults to the Favorites page, and always requires an additional 2 taps to get to the Accounts page.

Despite having a few "favorite" log-ins, more often than not, I need to access something from Accounts. So, it's frustrating to have to go through the extra steps, every single time.

So, "State restoration" has been implemented in an incomplete way. It should be persistent between separate launches of the app.

But more ideally, I long for the ability to simply designate which page I'd like to see at start-up. This seems like a more-than-reasonable feature to expect. I know you guys are detail guys. So, it's frustrating that this annoyance, which frankly seems to glare, has been overlooked. :-)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Despite what Apple claims, leaving apps in that tray does in fact affect device performance.

It's not just Apple. On the contrary, it was some Genius Bar employees which were spreading the misinformation that apps needed to be removed from the fast app switcher in iOS. It's simply untrue.

Misconceptions About iOS Multitasking

So, "State restoration" has been implemented in an incomplete way. It should be persistent between separate launches of the app.

This I completely agree with. It's on our radar. :)

This discussion has been closed.