Credit card start date

Options
danco
danco
Volunteer Moderator
edited February 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I've just made two purchases that required the start date of my credit card. 1PW did not fill in either of these.

The sites were audiot.co.uk and firstgreatwestern.co.uk

Also, as I've mentioned before, there are some sites that fill in the ending month in the start date section and the ending year correctly in the end date section. I can't recall which sites I have found these on, will let you know next time it happens.

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Sorry, posted in the wrong forum,though I expect it's the same issue for both versions. I actually use 1PW from the Agile site, not the App Store version.

• Hi @danco,

I moved it to the browser extensions forum since it's related to the extension not filling in the data on the website.

I assume you added the date to the Start From field in your credit card item already, right? I'll ask Stu, who lives in UK, to check out those sites.

In US, almost nobody uses the start date, so our app might be biased toward that.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Thanks for moving it.

Yes, I do have the start date included in my 1PW credit card details. The 1PW name for this field is "valid from". Maybe the name "start date" is not recognised by 1PW.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The browser extension actually looks at the underlying fields in the HTML code rather than what you see on the page. We'll see how we can improve this going forward. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. :)

This discussion has been closed.