How to manually save a Login item and "duplicate item" feature request

Options
makemono
makemono
Community Member
edited February 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi!

I just bought the windows version , even if it high priced, just to be able to be synced with my ios version.

So far i don't have any real problem not in this windows version not at the ios one.

BUT i have some requests and i report some weird things that i found.

First of all i saw and read in here that the windows version is not in par with the ios and mac version feature wise. As u can see this is "unacceptable" and breaks continuity between versions and platforms and since most of us use multy platform we want to have a constant interface and features to all. I have read at another post that windows version is based on to iPassword 2 so it doesn't have all the features of the mac version and i still think that u should have updated the app to be in par to all platforms. I don't want to tell you how to run your company and i don't know from where your biggest financial interest comes (i am guessing from the mac side) but i think that u should put more effort to the windows version that people actually use to work and do their business and not only updating the version for the machines that the students use at cafeterias (talking about macs here). I just hope that when u finally update it u won't charge us again like u did at the Ios version.

Now to my basic request.

We need that duplicate entry feature and i don't understand why it isn't there yet. And i say we need them , and here i come to the bug, because the extension doesn't let me resave a site with a different login because it thinks that it is already saved. I read that when u hit the "+" sign it will do, but for me it doesn't do anything. Don't know if it the particular site, but it is the only one at the moment that i have 2 accounts , so it is the only one i can try. Anyway this is i think a standard to all programs and i would love to see it here also.

Other than that i am completely ok since i am not a heavy user and as i said i mainly bought it to be able to sync to all my devices. If i have another problem i will post it here. Sorry i was a little aggressive but since it is an over priced app at least we want the features that the free ones have and then work to give us more.
Thanks, keep up the good work.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for purchasing 1Password for Windows, makemono! We appreciate your support. :)

1Password 4 was just released for iOS and is in the works for Mac. It will almost certainly be after 1Password 4 for Mac is released that the next version of 1Password for Windows is released, but it is definitely on our radar. There has not been a major upgrade for Mac since the Windows version was released, so there really isn't any precedent of one being updated more often than the other.

We need that duplicate entry feature and i don't understand why it isn't there yet.

It is on our list. Thanks for letting us know you would like to see a "duplicate item" feature. I will make sure the developers get yoru vote for this.

…because the extension doesn't let me resave a site with a different login because it thinks that it is already saved. I read that when u hit the "+" sign it will do, but for me it doesn't do anything.

You need to be sure to fill out the website's login form before you click the + button. The + button saves the data you have entered in the form, so if you haven't entered anything it can't save anything. Here are the steps:

1. Enter your credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    3. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    4. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Manually saving a new Login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Saving a new Login item allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• makemono
    makemono
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks that worked ok with the login.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We need that duplicate entry feature and i don't understand why it isn't there yet

I have added this to 1.0.9.BETA-320

This discussion has been closed.