1Password Backup - Online or Cloud Service Backup

Sorry if this is not the right section to ask this question but here goes:
I utilize an online back up service to backup all my files that are on my Mac. I am trying to make certain that my 1Password data is being backed up. When I log in to the service and click view files I navigated to a folder called Library. Within the Library folder there is a folder called Keychains. Within the Keychain folder there are two files: Logins.Keychain and Metada.Keychain. From what I've been reading 1Password is stored within Apple's keychain.

When I downloaded the 1Password program and set it up on my Mac, I don't recall if I was prompted to where to save the 1Password data. I think this was done automatically but I can't be sure. My question is this, is 1Password login data located within the Logins.Keychain folder of the online backup?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Those files you are seeing are OS X keychain files. 1Password does not use the OS X keychain for anything.

If your entire hard drive is being backed up, obviously your 1Password data will be included in that. We recommend this. :)

If your entire Home folder is being backed up, your 1Password data will also be backed up. This is the next best option.

If you want to just backup your 1Password data, 1Password 3.8 stores its data in this location:

~/Library/Application Support/1Password

1Password 3.9 (from the Mac App Store) is sandboxed and thus stores its data in the Containers folder:

~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/
    ~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx/

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers!

• Thank you. By the way today is Sunday I didn't expect a response so soon.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Well, it's Monday now, so I hope my follow up is still soon enough. :)

Enjoy the rest of your week. We're here to help no matter when you need us.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.