Needs for new card type : SIM, iDevice, ...

Options

Hello,

One great thing could be the avability to define new card type, with a given icon and customized section and fields ...
... but basicaly at home (4 people), I'm managing 8 SIM cards and 8 Device (iPad, iPhone, other phone)
So It could be great to have at least 2 new type for managing :
- SIM Card : Supplier, Format, PIN Code, PUK Code,ISSID, Phone Number, ...
- Electronic Device : Supplier, Model, SN, EMEI Number, Desimloked ? ...

All those informations are very useful to manage all that stuff !

Best Regards

Bernard

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your feedback! I'll pass this along to the developers. :)

• proch
    proch
    Community Member
    edited June 2013
    Options

I need that too!! It would be much more useful than Driver's License category

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Vote added. Cheers! :)

• smokegrub
    smokegrub
    Community Member
    Options

I have just purchased 1Password and find the inability to create new categories a serious limitation in its usefulness.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

First, thank you for your support. Second, thank you for your feedback. I will definitely let the developers know you are interested in this. :D

If we can be of further assistance in the meantime, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• seedupi
    seedupi
    Community Member
    Options

I'm giving my vote too! Please implement it.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Vote added. Thanks, @seedupi!

• texplex
    texplex
    Community Member
    Options

would be really useful, have a number of SIM cards from three countries, now stored as secure note. Maybe useful to more people than hunting license.

• seedupi
    seedupi
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah that's funny. Can't be many hunters out there, but every person has at least 1 SIM card, quite often more than one. ^_^ I store mine as "Generic Account" with no fields filled in, and all data (number, PIN, PUK, provider) stored in the "Notes" field of it instead. The original poster's suggestion for those extra fields is great.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for following up on this, folks. Please keep the feedback coming. :)

• jonshf
    jonshf
    Community Member
    Options

Vote++
    SIM card numbers (PIN and PUK) should definitely be a category. I'm finding it hard to decide which available category to use. I'll probably go for the rather generic "Password" category.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jonshf,

Thanks so much for adding your feedback here! The issue of new categories has certainly been a popular discussion. Our developers are considering a way to add the categories that users are most excited about while not cluttering the options with every single category imaginable.

For now, the Password category sounds like a great place to add things like PIN numbers that don't have many other details to save. :)

• sejtam
    sejtam
    Community Member
    Options

I also used my old password manager (SplashID) to store purchases (serial#, puchased where, when etc). Could we get a 'warranty' category that collect all these fields:
    Product
    Model
    Manufacturer
    Serial#
    Date Purchased
    Place Purchased
    Receipt/Order# etc
    Warranty: start/end
    extended Warranty (posibly from external party! like SquareTrade)
    Info on warranty claim instructions (where to send,etc, contact email/phone/fax)
    ability to attach scanned copies of warraty docs

Secondly: Warranty claim: whar product, indicent, when claimed, result etc. possibly with link to the item purchased.

• sejtam
    sejtam
    Community Member
    Options

On the other hand it would be really good to be able to define my own categories. maybe define a range of category codes that one define oneself which will not clash with official future additions)

• sejtam
    sejtam
    Community Member
    Options

without that ability, too many items (will only end up in 'secure note'). Not ideal at all!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sejtam,

Thanks so much for adding your thoughts here!

On the other hand it would be really good to be able to define my own categories.

While I can't say anything for sure about unreleased features, I think this might be our best option here: a customizable category that will allow users to create-their-own. I've added your thoughts to our issue tracker on the subject.

I certainly agree that not everything lives happily inside a Secure Note. :)

• sejtam
    sejtam
    Community Member
    Options

ok, but a single customizable category won't really do it as I will have many different special categories which different fields each (SplashID handled quite well, only I don't trust them anymore)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sejtam,

Because this feature hasn't yet been developed, I'm merely speculating about some of the forms future categories could take. We're listening to all the feedback we receive here and if we do decide to include new categories of any sort, we'll do our best to ensure that they fit the majority of our users's needs! :)

This discussion has been closed.