Feature Request: AutoType for Mac [Under consideration]

Calion
Calion
Community Member
edited October 2013 in Mac

I'd prefer 1Password act as a Menu Extra that I can access system-wide than through browser extensions. There are many situations where I'm not in a (supported) browser that I'd like access to my passwords. Ideally, it would replace (or tie in with) the browser extensions, and when not in a browser, it would execute [username]tab[password]enter when activated.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

While 1Password for Windows already has an auto-type feature, 1Password for Mac does not at this time. Things are a little bit more complicated in OS X due to Secure Input and application sandboxing, but it is certainly something we've looked at. I can't can't give any details about when or even if it would happen, but I'll be sure to let the developers know you would like to see it happen. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• Uno_Lavoz
    Uno_Lavoz
    Community Member
    edited October 2013

KeePassX has had global auto type on OSX for over 3 years. It's open source too. So please feel free to get inspired by the source code: https://github.com/borisbrodski/KeePassX/commit/42629b31b27928e4b608b42ec113690bd9d492e7

Global auto type is a nice feature for a password manager. I don't think anyone would like to waste time manually copying and pasting between apps if 1Password had this way to avoid it.

Please consider adding this feature to 1Password.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the link, @Uno_Lavoz. I'll pass it and your request along to the developers. :)

• Uno_Lavoz
    Uno_Lavoz
    Community Member

@khad Thank you too, you handsome devil. :D My mohawk is not so bad either if I may say so.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

I agree @Uno_Lavoz, I've been enjoying seeing your dashing icon pop up in the forum threads - keep being awesome!

• Uno_Lavoz
    Uno_Lavoz
    Community Member

Hehe thank you @Megan and I've enjoyed seeing your cute smile absolutely everywhere :D You're really working hard answering a lot of threads. I'm impressed.

This discussion has been closed.