JavaScript needs to be enabled for extensions to work

Options
Doug in Alaska
Doug in Alaska
Community Member
edited March 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I updated Firefox last night and 1Password won't function. In Safari it works fine. The update is Firefox v19.0.2 and the browser extension is 1Password 3.9.9. I have 'Fill and Submit Login' set. When trying to submit the login info it appears everything is fine until I click the web-site login button, nothing is filled in and login boxes closes as usual.
Thanks much!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey Doug,

I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. Are you having this problem on all websites or just a specific one (or ones)?

Please let me know the URL(s) where you are having trouble. I'd love to help more.

Thanks!

• Doug in Alaska
    Doug in Alaska
    Community Member
    Options

khad,
    Thanks for the response. I'm having this problem with all the websites. MyYahoo is one of them. I didn't have problems until I updated Firefox to v19.0.2.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Let's try saving a new Login item for your Yahoo account since you mentioned that as an example. Please try saving a new Login manually like this:

1. Visit the Yahoo login page: https://login.yahoo.com/config/login
    2. Enter your credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    4. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    5. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login at:

https://login.yahoo.com/config/login

Manually saving a new Login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Saving a new Login item allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

• Doug in Alaska
    Doug in Alaska
    Community Member
    Options

Hi khad,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I did as instructed and it still isn't working. Same behavior as explained above. I had zero problems until I upgraded Firefox to v19.0.2. 1Password isn't working with any of my websites using this version of the browser.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

This is very strange. It almost sounds like perhaps you have JavaScript disabled or are using the NoScript extension. Could either one of those be the case?

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

In 1Password 3.8, just select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report from the menu bar.

If you are using 1Password 3.9 (from the Mac App Store), you'll need to follow the instructions here:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/12057/create-a-diagnostics-report-to-help-agilebits-help-you/

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Doug in Alaska
    Doug in Alaska
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks much khad! Yes, javascript was disabled in Firefox. I enabled it and all is well!
    Thanks again for your help!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Phew! I'm just glad that's all it was. I was starting to think we'd need to do some real digging. :)

Enjoy the rest of your week.

• hjforman
    hjforman
    Community Member
    Options

I looked at all the solutions here and none work for me. I will send my diagnostics report to the email address in another post.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We will reply to your email as soon as possible. Thanks, @hjforman!

This discussion has been closed.