Purchase Question

Options
antwolf
antwolf
Community Member

Hi...I have Version 3.8.20 on my Mac. Do I have to purchase 1Password again for my iPhone, or is it free for this long time user, and if it is I'd like instructions on how to set it up? You know, existing passwords on my Mac to the iPhone. Later...

Comments

• formless
    formless
    Community Member
    Options

I had 1Password on my phone, i've been a paying user of the Mac version since it launched and have upgraded every time. But now I had to restore my iphone and the app was gone, so I go to the apple store and its trying to charge me $17.99 now! Do I get the iphone version with my current license like before? Or do I have to pay?

• antwolf
    antwolf
    Community Member
    Options

I figured it out myself, thanks for nothing though. Let the record state that this is the first time anything having to do with 1Password let me down.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

1Password 4 for iOS is a separate purchase so users of old iOS 5 devices can still use 1Password 3 for iOS. It was over a year in the making and adds iCloud syncing, rich icons, customization, a password generator on every password field, swipe actions, favorites, tabbed browsing, global search, a dedicated web mode, attachment viewing, faster Dropbox, iTunes File Sharing, auto-clear clipboard, and much more.

1Password 4 for iOS is the first paid upgrade ever to 1Password for iOS. We released 1Password 1 for iOS all the way back in 2008. We released hundreds of free updates in the form of minor and even major version upgrades over the course of the next four years without charging a single penny more. Versions 2 and 3 were completely free to existing 1Password for iOS users. I mentioned one of the main reasons for making a separate app in my first sentence above, though. In order to make 1Password 4 the best app it could possibly be, it takes advantage of many technologies that require iOS 6. If it was simply an update to the existing app, users stuck on older iOS 5 devices would be completely out of luck. We didn't want to do that to our awesome users, so we chose to make it a separate app. We also want to be sure we can continue developing 1Password for our awesome users, and we checked with our accountant who said that giving all of our hard work away for free forever was not a sustainable business model.

If you’re happy with version 3, you’re not required to purchase version 4. It is up to us to demonstrate the value:

Say hello to the new 1Password for iOS

If you just want to download your previously purchased copy of 1Password 3 for iOS, you can do so at any time. Please be sure to follow the steps in the FAQ:

I can’t find 1Password 3 for my older iOS devices, how do I download it?

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I'd be happy to further assist you. :)

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.