1PW4 iPad to iPhone Initial Setup - Sync Issue - No data found on iCloud

JHep
JHep
Community Member

System: iPhone OS (6.1.3)
1Password Version: 4.1.2
Device Name: iPad
Locale: en_US

I just purchased the product today for my iPad.

I added one email account and password into the app and turned on iCloud sync, which my iPad is already configured to use for other things. The sync completed successfully.

I then downloaded the latest version of 1Password for my iPhone 5 (same iOS version), which is also configured to use iCloud with the same account as my iPad. When I launched the app on my iPhone I was prompted to make a choice. I specified that "I've used 1Password before" and that I wanted to "Sync using iCloud".

The next screen was titled "Data Unavailable" at the top, and indicated "No data found on iCloud."

My goal is to share / sync one database between my iPad and my iPhone. What steps should I follow to make that happen?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

iCloud might take a bit of time to finish its sync. We recommend that you wait up to 10 minutes and restart the 1Password app, see if that’ll fix your issue.

If you’re having other issues with iCloud, please try these suggestions and let me know how it goes.

• JHep
    JHep
    Community Member

I have confirmed that both devices are using the exact same account.

I exited the app and waited several hours before trying again, with no success.

I have tried using both cellular and wi-fi connections and confirmed that documents and data content exists for 1Password on iCloud. Same issue.

I have backed up my iPad to the iCloud.

I disabled iCloud, deleted the app data from iCloud, uninstalled the apps on both devices, and reinstalled / enabled iCloud / tried to sync. Identical results.

I'll work through the rest of the suggestions and let you know how it goes.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013

Please keep me posted.

If you're still having trouble, please email us your diagnostics so we can better assist you: Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting > Email Diagnostics.

Please include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics in our inbox.

Once we see the Diagnostics we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• JHep
    JHep
    Community Member

I sent in the Diagnostics yesterday. They were generated from my iPad, of course, since configuring the app on my iPhone is still not possible due to the issue I'm having.

I look forward to your assessment.

• JHep
    JHep
    Community Member

Ok. You can cease and desist. After only a few days of trying everything I could think of, it just started magically working this morning.

I'm not very pleased with the weirdness trying to get this to work, but I'm very intested in finding out how well (or not well) your app meets my needs.

Thanks for your help.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad things are working well. As Chris mentioned in his email to you, sometimes iCloud is a little finicky with the initial setup, and it can be hard to diagnose as it is a bit of a black box from a development standpoint. The steps he provided should have got things working if they didn't just magically start working on their own. :)

If you ever have any other trouble, please let us know. I'm going to close this thread as resolved for now. It would probably be best to continue the discussion via email if necessary. That way we can get updated Diagnostics if necessary (since we ask that they not be posted in the forums).

Of course, if you prefer not to continue the conversation via email, you can always create a new thread here too.

Cheers!

YYV-95421-937

This discussion has been closed.