How To: Open a link from Safari in 1Password's built-in browser

Options
Natuurliks Samms
Natuurliks Samms
Community Member
edited March 2013 in iOS

I have 1P on my ipad. I have a concern that is irritating me.
1. I get an email from a fitness forum I am on. In that email there is a link to that forum.
2. In order to get to that forum, I click the link but... it is password protected.
3. I then have to go to 1P and turn that on and then figure out where the link was pointing me to.
4. is there a better way?

I would also like to uninstall this because I have this confusing situation.
also, when I've forgetten my password to set up a new one. again confusing.
1. It will try to use an incorrect password.
2. I then have to figure out another password
3. Then where do I enter that new password in 1Password with the correct url to place that password in the correct spot?
4When riding, out with friends, I get an email. I can't get to log into the website again, unless I use go through 1Password. ???

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

is there a better way?

Absolutely! Install the "Open in 1Password" bookmarklet in Mobile Safari. :)

Then you can just use that bookmarklet to open the page you are currently viewing in Safari in 1Password's built-in browser. That keeps your login session separate from Safari and secured by your master password.

Once you have the correct password saved in 1Password you can sync it with 1Password on all your computers and devices so you are never without your password for any site.

Of course, you always have the option of using a password that you remember, but 1Password makes it so you don't have have to remember any passwords. Just a couple taps and you're logged in.

Please let me know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.