Intermittent extension rendering trouble in Chrome 26

This discussion was created from comments split from: Chrome extension not working any more.

Comments

• JNebeker
    JNebeker
    Community Member

For the last 2 weeks, my Chrome extension intermittently works. The extension window usually fails to render and crashes Chrome after 2 or 3 failed attempts. I am running Chrome 26.0.1410.43 on MacOS 10.8.3. Please help. Thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

The first thing I'd suggest is simply removing and then reinstalling the 1Password Chrome extension, but I'm sure you already tried that.

Extensions are sandboxed, though, so it really shouldn't be possible for the 1Password extension (or any Chrome extension) to crash Chrome.

If simply reinstalling the extension doesn't help, please follow the steps in our support article to create a new Chrome profile.

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

In 1Password 3.8, just select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report from the menu bar.

If you are using 1Password 3.9 (from the Mac App Store), you'll need to download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.