Viewing attachments in Secure Notes

Options
romad
romad
Community Member

In 1PW4M when I open a Secure Note, I can click on an attachment and it will open in the appropriate application, i.e. PDFs open in Preview. However, when I open a Secure Note in 1PWPro4iOS, I can't even see the attachments. Doesn't 1PWPro4iOS support opening attachments? It should ask to open a PDF attachment in iBooks for example.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you can't even see the attachments, it sounds like you may be using 1Password 3 for iOS rather than 1Password 4 for iOS. Attachment viewing was added in version 4.

What is the specific version number of 1Password on your iOS device?

• DownUnder
    DownUnder
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Found this thread via search. (1) Is there an upgrade price from iOS v3 to 4 and if so what are the steps to follow? (2) Is there a plan to add viewing secure attachments in the HTML version (1PAnywhere)?

Thanks.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@DownUnder

Sadly there is no upgrade pricing available. Apple still doesn't offer a way to do this in the App store.

As to 1PA I don't know any updates to it would likely be involving the 1Password 4 for Mac. We don't know much about it features and so forth. Well the staff may know more. But we mere user's like us haven't seen it yet. etc

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

(1) Is there an upgrade price from iOS v3 to 4 and if so what are the steps to follow?

As thightower mentioned, Apple does not offer a mechanism for upgrade pricing. If they ever do, we can certainly explore it at that time. For now, we offered a launch sale for many weeks when 1Password 4 for iOS debuted, and then another sale later for Macworld. I expect there will be more sales in the future, but there is not a way to offer different pricing for a certain subset of customers. Any price (sale or regular) is required to be available for everyone according to Apple.

(2) Is there a plan to add viewing secure attachments in the HTML version (1PAnywhere)?

We don't normally discuss future plans, but I'll certainly pass your vote along to the developers. Thanks for your feedback! :)

• DownUnder
    DownUnder
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you khad. The reason I ask for 1PA is because I just lost all my personal documents (ID, credit card, passeport) on a trip, and accessing them directly via the web in a secure fashion is much easier than explaining that you have to download a piece of software, then download the whole folder from Dropbox, etc... The same problem holds for TrueCrypt — people at consulates don't enjoy tourists downloading stuff on their computers :)

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@Down Under

"consulates don't enjoy tourists downloading stuff on their computers"

Interesting point, I hadn't really given that scenario a lot of thought thanks for mentioning it. aka Being able to access when abroad. I mean I always thought about it but never when needing backup documents etc from a consulate. :D

• DownUnder
    DownUnder
    Community Member
    Options

It's typically the sort of thing you never give a lot of thought to until it happens to you. I only started doing backups regularly after losing a drive with 3000 photos on it several years back :)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @DownUnder,

I'm sorry to hear about that data loss, it's always very painful to hear stories like that as it can happen to any one of us.

Be sure to keep 2-1 ratio for backups, 2 local copies of backups with one remote backup, either an external drive stored in a safe in a secondary location or using a cloud service like CrashPlan or BackBlaze.

Decrypting files via 1PasswordAnywhere is a bit difficult to do but it is something we want to do in the future but I don't have a timeframe on this. We do understand the important value of doing that, even I want this, so I'll keep nudging our team to add this. :)

• DownUnder
    DownUnder
    Community Member
    Options

I'll keep nudging our team to add this.

Great news :)

• bswins
    Options

Hi @DownUnder,

On Mike's behalf, you are very welcome. You may take him at his word that he will nudge the team. :)

In the interim, we appreciate your patience.

Cheers!

Brandt

This discussion has been closed.