Archive for Generated PW Archive ?

Options

I appreciate the need to keep all generated PWs in case they're needed after the fact. But is there a way to "archive" the archived PWs so only the last one used appears in the main list. Or, at least, have the last one generated always at the top of the list.

I have not figured out how to automatically insert a generated PW into the appropriate login file at the time the PW is generated. But I can get by using the generated PWs, finding the one needed and copy/paste into the login file later. Trouble is, I now have a lot of generated PWs (often 2 for the login file I'm working with at the time) and discerning which is the last one used can be a problem.

Thanks

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @PWChinook,

If you don't empty the trash, you can use it as an archive instead. Delete the password items you don't need and it'll remain in the trash. You'd be able to search through it in the future by setting the search to everything.

If you generated the password through the browser extensions, you might find it easier to use the View Password History. From there, it's automatically filtered by the site you're viewing and it's sorted by date and time.

View Password HistorySeeing the history

I hope that helps.

• MikeT
    Options

One more thing, we're working on updating the extensions to recognize when you're trying to update the Login through Change Password forms, so that it can prompt and ask you if you want to update the Login item. If you say yes, it'd replace the password with the generated password you entered in the form. I don't have a timeframe on this but it is one of the things we're really excited to show off.

This discussion has been closed.