Problem with captured user ID on Citibank site

sjstone
sjstone
Community Member
edited April 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

At www.citicards.com, they have a weird obfuscation process with the user ID field where it alters the user ID to replace characters with an asterisk. I'm able to capture credentials with 1Password after logging in, but it captures the altered User ID, "xx******x". I would edit it to the correct value in 1Password, but the field doesn't have a name. It is blank. Without a name, 1Password won't let me save the new value. Do you have any advice about how to work around this?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hm. I'm not sure what the problem might be. I have a Citibank Login item myself. I just saved a Login item via the browser extension and then edited the field to include my actual (non-obfuscated) username.

It is working in all my testing. What happens when you do that?

• sjstone
    sjstone
    Community Member
    edited May 2013

I can edit the "username" field and save it in the browser extension for Chrome. Thanks for your help.

When I posted earlier, I was using the desktop app on Windows 7. It wouldn't let me save the login without entering a name for the captured user id field. In Citibank's HTML form for the login, the <input> tag doesn't actually have a "name" attribute, only an "id".

<input id="id" class="inputTxt login-text" tabindex="1" maxlength="32" size="16" type="text" /> <input name="USERNAME" type="hidden" />

I think the problem I had was with the desktop app, but the browser extension lets me work around it.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great! I'm glad things are working well. We always recommend saving Login items in the browser so the extension can "learn" the correct form fields. :)

This discussion has been closed.