How To: Toggle autosubmit

hellzyeah
hellzyeah
Community Member
edited May 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

I'm using 1Password on Windows (1.0.9.327) with the Chrome extension (3.9.14.90). I had unchecked 'Submit Logins automatically' in 1Password preferences but Chrome extension did it anyway. So I went back to preferences and it was checked! Unchecked it again, and the same thing happens again after a while. Rinse & repeat. It's very frustrating because a majority of the logins I use need extra dynamic info to be submitted.

Also, what's with the new 'flashy way' the extension fills in the info? I feel like it's wasting time, so any chance we can have an option to disable it, please? (Unless it's already there and I'm not seeing it ..?)

Thanks in advance for the help,
John

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry that you are having some trouble with autosubmit, John. The "Animate filling" option is actually right next to the "Automatically submit logins" options, so I'm surprised you missed it. Just to make sure we're on the same page, here is a screenshot:

You can also just click the "Fill and Submit Login" header itself to toggle it to "Fill Login".

Does that help? I'd be curious if the same thing happened in a new Chrome profile.

• hellzyeah
    hellzyeah
    Community Member

Hey khad, thanks very much pointing that out, I didn't even notice the 2 cogs till you did. I've unchecked both those options and it all seems to be fine now.

Just to clear up what I did, I was un-checking this in the 1Password Windows app:

I guess leaving it checked in the browser plugin over-rides the app's preferences?

Anyhow, thanks again! :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2013

It is the same setting. If you toggle it in one place it should toggle it in the other. You won't be able to see it change before your eyes in the dialog box, though, so if you have it open while you change it in the browser and then click "OK" it will turn it back on. But if you toggle it in the browser and then open the Preferences you should see the correct setting there. :)

This discussion has been closed.