3.8.21 changes not necessary in 3.9

Options
Kootenay Redneck
Kootenay Redneck
Community Member
edited April 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

1Password for Mac 3.8.21 released but not on MAS. You would have thought that you would have released them simultaneously.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know details but recently Pebble had to release there app for Android way ahead of iOS. Seems like Apple was having a backlog on approvals etc.

But to exact details only the team can give you details on that.

• Kootenay Redneck
    Kootenay Redneck
    Community Member
    Options

I’m not talking about the recent release of 1Password on the iOS platform or the Android platform. I’m talking about a release on the OSX platform via MAS, since they can release it via their own servers for the non-sandbox version, but use poor sods have to wait. :(

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited April 2013
    Options

Same issue the approval process has to be submitted to Apple and they have to approve it. No matter iOS or MAS. The above was a illustration to prove my point.

Apple has there own vetting process and many many developers send out updates on there own sites way before Apple approves an update for a respective Mac App Store versions.

There is nothing Agile can do to speed up the process. All developers go through this approval process whom sell iOS and Mac App Store apps.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

Also I use the Mac App Store version so yes I have to wait if needed, that is the life of living behind Apples walled garden. They do things as they see fit, and only when they see fit.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The updates that were released in 3.8.21 were not anything that needed to be updated in 3.9. We can release 3.9.6 again with just a new version number if that makes you feel better. :)

Just to be clear: no update is needed for 3.9.

This discussion has been closed.