Starting from scratch: Resetting data on iCloud

Richard Alcantar
Richard Alcantar
Community Member
edited April 2013 in iOS

Hi all,
Before starting this question, in my search for an answer to this I stumbled upon your "Contact us" page" , and I thought I should warn you that requesting blueberry pie via snailmail is not a good idea, it can be very messy and will almost always spoil. Chocolate chip cookies will stand up better to the vicissitudes of the USPS, but really aren't they better hot? Bring the whole shop by my house and I will feed you the best hot chocolate chip cookies you have ever had.

**Anyway to the question. I downloaded 1Password from the App Store on my Iphone last week to check it out. I was on a short break and quickly set up a password, and went on my merry way. I finally have time to really play with the app today and realized that I have forgotten my master password. I already know how lame this is, so please limit your snickering to 20 seconds of personal time. I have no data to lose at this point and just want to start from scratch. I tried deleting and re-installing the app, but it appears as if through magic or some high tech nonsense that the password is re-populating. Could be that magical Icloud thingy, but I do not know. **

If someone knows the spell that will unlock this mess I would gladly set aside a few hot cookies just for you. (Notice: Private owl or portal transport for all cookies are the responsibility of the hero who resolves this problem for me.)

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Bring the whole shop by my house and I will feed you the best hot chocolate chip cookies you have ever had.

Haha! We may take you up on that. But first let's make sure we are in your good graces by getting 1Password working well for you. :)

You can reset the data on iCloud by following these steps in the User Guide:

Resetting your 1Password data on iCloud

Please let me know how it goes. I'm looking forward to those cookies. :P

This discussion has been closed.