Cmd+\ stops working when I restart Chrome

Options

I'm using 1Password 3.8.21 and the Chrome extension (downloaded from the Chrome web store). Whenever I restart Chrome, Cmd-\ stops working to autofill passwords. I need to manually start 1Password and relaunch the helper via the Restart Helper menu item. After restarting the helper everything works perfectly...until I exit and relaunch Chrome again. This is with the current stable release of Chrome (I never run the betas).

Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong here? Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Emerick

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• emerick
    emerick
    Community Member
    Options

Diagnostic report sent, thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Cheers! We will reply as soon as possible. It's pretty late right now, so it likely won't be until the morning. :)

• emerick
    emerick
    Community Member
    Options

Just to close the loop on this:

The support team helped me figure out that my wife's copy of Chrome (running via Fast User Switching) was stealing the Cmd+\ shortcut key when I quit my copy of Chrome. I disabled the agent and extension in her account (she doesn't use 1Password, unfortunately) and I'm working fine now.

Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for following up here. I'm glad everything is working well now.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.