1Password for Chrome Extension crashes [resolved in Chrome extension 3.9.21]

Options
13»

Comments

• ryharv
    ryharv
    Community Member
    Options

I have seen others report similar issues and have not seen a resolution. Every single morning when I boot up my Windows 7 computer, I get a popup notification that the 1P extension for Chrome has crashed and needs to be reloaded. This has happened for months. Both Chrome and 1P are updated to their current versions.

Any fix to this? I have tried removing and reinstalling the extension; doesn't help.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If removing and re-installing Chrome, itself, also doesn't help, then my only answer is to beg your forgiveness and ask you to wait for 1Password 4 for Windows, in which we believe the problem is solved.

You can sign up to participate in the beta program here: https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html

I'm truly sorry not to have a more satisfactory answer for you at this time, @ryharv. <:(

• Jan-Willem van der Meer
    Options

Hi There,

I am on osX with Chome 31. I just notices 1Password crashed as soon as my internet connection started working.
    Maybe this helps debugging?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Thanks for that info, Jan-Willem, but to get the most out of your contribution to the conversation, can I ask how we might apply it to our Windows product, which (currently) comes with a different extension than the Mac version?

• Michael_D
    Michael_D
    Community Member
    Options

I am running the latest (stable) build of Chrome and 1Password Extension Version 3.9.19.90 and I get crashes all of the time. Is there something I can do to help track this pesky bug down?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the offer, @Michael_D, but assuming you mean the extension is getting disabled, we're aware of the problem and trying to find a solution.

• GlobalCop
    GlobalCop
    Community Member
    Options

Aren't we all beta testers? Sorry, I'm having a bad night, spending hours with 1P instead of playing pirate with my 2-year old. I wish I'd never read that Lifehacker article.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GlobalCop, I would like nothing better than to tell you "Here's the fix"; but we're having no luck reproducing the problem with any consistency, which makes it really hard to find the problem and fix it.

I'm trying to be honest by saying that, in spite of our best efforts, we may not be able to fix it before the 1Password team get 1Password 4 ready for release.

I truly wish I had a better answer for you and the other customers who've seen this problem.

• Thanks for the report @GlobalCop.

I cannot be 100% certain as I didn't see your crash logs but I believe I have fixed this. I finally managed to recreate this crash consistently on my local machine and resolved it.

The changes have been bundled into 3.9.21 beta 2. We will leave this in beta so our team has a chance to verify the fix but I hope to be able to publish the official release next week.

Thanks again!

• Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I believe I have some relevant news.

I cannot be 100% certain as I have no crash logs to compare but I believe I have fixed the issue where the Chrome extension crashes. I finally managed to recreate this crash consistently on my local machine and resolved it. The lynchpin to recreating it was to have no tabs open (and therefore no windows) when waking from sleep. There are likely other ways to trigger this crash so I'm hopeful they will help this situation as well.

The changes have been bundled into 3.9.21 beta 2. We will leave this in beta so our team has a chance to verify the fix but I hope to be able to publish the official release next week.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm going to close this discussion since the original issue has been resolved in the latest 1Password Chrome extension (version 3.9.21 or later). Note that that is the extension version not the version of the main 1Password app.

If you are experiencing some trouble, please include complete details of the problem in a new thread in the appropriate category so we can better assist you:

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.