Chrome freezes when unlocking extension

Dominique
Dominique
Community Member
edited May 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi guys,

I hope I am posting in the right subforum, I did not find one related to browser extensions besides Mac extensions.
I use Windows... ;-)

I use Google Chrome and have about 200 passwords saved in my 1Password database, not sure if this also happens with Firefox as I don't currently use it.
Whenever I load up the Google Chrome plugin and unlock my passwords, the browser will freeze up for a bit.

Maybe it is a good idea to add an option to only show only the logins of the current site you're visiting?
And besides that still allow users to search for logins that they type in the search box?

Just an idea I had, because the browser freezing is quite bothersome.

Thanks,
Dominique

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi Dominique,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. You posted in the right category. :)

The browser shouldn't be slowing down at all. Most of us on the team have at least a couple hundred Login items, and we don't experience this. What versions of (1) 1Password, (2) Chrome, and (3) the 1Password Chrome extension are you using?

What happens if you disable all your other Chrome extensions? Does the issue persist?

• Ed Jorczyk
    Ed Jorczyk
    Community Member

I have the same problem using the 1Password Chrome Extension on Windows. It doesn't occur when using the 1Password Chrome Extension on OS X or 1Password with IE.

1Password is my only extension. I'm using version 3.9.14.90 of the extension and Version 26.0.1410.64 m of Chrome on Windows 7 64 bit. The 1Password main application is version 1.0.9.237

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Please try the beta version of the Chrome extension and let me know if that helps:

https://agilebits.com/extensions/win/chrome.html?beta=y

• BTH
    BTH
    Community Member

The same problem was being experienced here on:
    WIN7Pro x64
    Chrome 26.0.1410.64 m

The BETA version of 1Password linked above worked perfectly.

Thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well, @BTH. :)

Does the beta version of the Chrome extension work for you, Ed and Dominique?

• Ed Jorczyk
    Ed Jorczyk
    Community Member

Yes, that resolves the problem! Thanks much.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Cheers! That's wonderful. :)

This discussion has been closed.