Feature Request: Keyboard shortcut to copy password in extension

Options
LCBlue
LCBlue
Community Member
edited May 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I'm a big keyboard shortcut fan and for the most part appreciate the keyboard shortcuts built into 1Password. There is one function however that I can't seem to find a shortcut for. Say I need to copy and paste a password into a site (instead of auto fill). I can manually bring up the browser extension, if necessary can type to find the site i'm looking for and then right arrow over to see its details, but as far as I can tell, I then need to use my mouse to move over and click "copy" for the password. Anyway we could get this as a keyboard shortcut?

If I just missed it, my apologies in advance.

Thanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You didn't miss it. There isn't a way to copy a password from the extension via the keyboard right now. You can use ⌥⌘\ to open the extension, type to find, Right Arrow to view the details, but you will need to click the password to copy it. I agree that it would be nice to be able to do that via the keyboard and will pass your vote along to the developers as well. Thank you for letting us know you would like to see that.

For now, if it helps, you can use the ⌥⌘C keyboard shortcut in the main 1Password application to copy the password for the selected Login item. And if you hadn't already seen it, check out the list of Keyboard Shortcuts in the User Guide.

This discussion has been closed.