Trouble with Flash-based Login at mygarden.gardena.com

charlie98
charlie98
Community Member
edited May 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

while attempting to plan my landscaping I discovered this site - http://mygarden.gardena.com

after creating my account there I attempted to login and save my new credentials. 1PW does not respond to "+" for this site

equally interesting is right click does not show 1PW as an option

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

1Password is unable to save and restore Logins for sites that use Adobe Flash. As far as we know, no browser password manager anywhere supports Flash-based sites because Flash is a proprietary solution. At this time, Adobe does not offer interface tools for developers to plug into Flash in the way that 1Password and other form fillers require.

After working with a Flash consultant and reviewing the latest APIs provided by Adobe we found it is still not possible unless websites modify their code to allow it.

Most websites realize the problems with using Flash and provide a standard HTML login page as well. If you cannot find one, the only workaround is to save the username and password in 1Password, then open the 1Password extension when you visit the site, click the right arrow, and copy and paste your password.

This discussion has been closed.