Firefox 21/Mac OS + button not working

MrC
MrC
Volunteer Moderator
edited May 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

The + button in the Firefox extension is not working for me on Mac OS X 10.8.3, Firefox 21, Extension 3.9.14.

Anyone else having trouble?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

What URL? Can you confirm for me that you are filling out the form on the page before clicking the + button? It can't save the information you have entered into the form fields if you haven't entered the information and the fields are blank.

1. Visit the site's login page.
    2. Enter your credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    4. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    5. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

I had to restart Firefox to get it to work. It is working now. However, the URL I'm trying requires clicking a Sign On button to show the fields, so I don't think I can make auto-login work:

https://www.everbank.com/

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

I think you will need to click the "Sign On" button to reveal the field, but then you can just press ⌘\ to log in. Or 1Password may be able to fill the field even when it isn't visible. It just depends on the specific code they used.

i don't have an account there, but there may be another login page with the form field already visible. I found this one by entering a fake username, but it appears that it requires a session ID, so it may not work in the future.

https://cibng.ibanking-services.com/cib/CEBMainServlet/TrustedSignon?FIORG=220&FIFID=063092110&BRCHID=220

I tried removing the URL parameters, but then it wouldn't load at all. Maybe there is a page when you log out?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2013

Yup, its a troublesome site. The multiple login pages, obscured Sign On, and requirement for the session ID confounds my attempts at automating. That's fine, so I'll live with it.

With the second login entry matching the initial part of the URL, after hitting the Sign On Button and ⌘\, and then Sign On again, the second page opens, and the auto-login occurs from there.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Sounds like as good as it gets at the moment. It sure would be nice if sites didn't make their forms so convoluted. ;)

This discussion has been closed.