Red exclamation point on 1P icon in Chrome

In Chrome (Windows 7) my 1Password icon now has an exclamation point inside a red circle. 1P still works properly, but I can't figure out what it means (right clicking doesn't reveal the meaning). I assume it has something to do with updating, but that's speculation on my part.

Help please.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

The red badge on the toolbar button means that the Helper cannot connect. The Helper needs to connect in order to make sure your data is synced and backed up. It also means the keyboard shortcuts probably aren't working since the Helper controls the keyboard shortcuts. It is important to make sure it is working. Please review our troubleshooting guide for this, and review each step carefully:

Troubleshooting the new browser extensions

A common cause is a proxy server or other "Internet security" programs blocking the secure connection between the sandboxed browser extension and the main 1Password program. Workarounds for both of these are outlined in the guide, and the latter has its own page linked in step seven:

Configuring problematic antivirus/malware software

Please let me know how it goes and if the above applies to your situation.

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us your Diagnostics Report? Select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File from the menu bar in 1Password.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Brandon Shea
    Brandon Shea
    Community Member

I'd double check to make sure 1Password is still set to start with Windows - this can be confirmed in msconfig. I ran into that issue in Windows 8, and that solved the problem immediately.

• SC_sr
    SC_sr
    Community Member

Downloaded version 1.0.9.332 and tried to reinstall. (Told AVG to allow it; no apparent problem from AVG.) Reinstall failed. Here's the dialog box message I get:

"An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory:
    MoveFile failed; code 5.
    Access is denied."

[Neither "Ignore" or "Retry" does anything for me; only choice is "Abort".]

What should I try next?

• SC_sr
    SC_sr
    Community Member

Should I uninstall 1Password (if possible), then reinstall it? Or is the problem confined to Chrome?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2013

@SC_sr can you download our latest version here please?

https://agilebits.com/onepassword/win/release_notes

• SC_sr
    SC_sr
    Community Member

Okay, I did that, disabled AVG, installed it, and now my login list only has four entries, instead of the dozens I had added in the last two months. Also, the Chrome extension still isn't fixed.

What next?

• SC_sr
    SC_sr
    Community Member

Solved. FYI, 1Password somehow installed a second keychain folder, directly under the 1Password folder in Dropbox. I pointed 1P to the other folder, and the problem is fixed.

Any idea how the second agilekeychain folder got installed? Just curious; possibly from a failed update.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Hi SC_sr

It's entirely possible that if you're using an iOS version of 1Password 4 that you may have gotten a spare keychain. The reasoning is complicated to explain but we hope that we can find a better way to prevent this in the future.

Glad to hear you got things working though!

This discussion has been closed.