Scrolling Issue

Options

Windows version of 1Password (v1.0.9.331) on Windows 7 64bit (fully patched):

There is an issue with scrolling. I have over 40 logins but the window won't scroll using the scroll bar as it should. I have to highlight a login and use the down arrow key to see the rest of my logins. I took a screen capture to make it easier to understand.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Please delete this registry key, and then re-launch 1Password:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Agile Web Solutions\1Password\Frm1pMain

Does this fix your problem?

• AnonymousFellow
    AnonymousFellow
    Community Member
    Options

No change, unfortunately. Is this a known issue? If not, I suppose I could just uninstall the app and re-install...

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Did you close 1Password before deleting this registry key? This is not a known issue.

• AnonymousFellow
    AnonymousFellow
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I tried removing it again and rebooting without success. I installed the update that was released this afternoon as well and no luck. Shall I uninstall and re-install?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I doubt uninstall and re-install is going to fix this, but it is worth a try.

• AnonymousFellow
    AnonymousFellow
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like the uninstall (then reboot), then re-install worked. On a side note, I'm surprised I didn't have to reconfigure 1Password to check my personal Dropbox account for my keychain. When I re-installed 1Password, it automatically had my license key entered and synced to my Dropbox account without any manual intervention on my part.

I gather this is because when a user uninstalls the program, it doesn't uninstall the personal license key and Dropbox configuration. If that's the case, how is that license key and Dropbox configuration information protected on my machine? I hope it's encrypted...

I was quite convenient that the re-installation was so seamless though...

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm surprised I didn't have to reconfigure 1Password to check my personal Dropbox account for my keychain. When I re-installed 1Password, it automatically had my license key entered and synced to my Dropbox account without any manual intervention on my part.

This is because we do not un-install any of the settings that were created after the initial install.

• AnonymousFellow
    AnonymousFellow
    Community Member
    Options

Is that configuration information encrypted? If someone stole my laptop, would they theoretically be able to dig into those config files and obtain my Dropbox credentials and 1Password license key?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2013
    Options

Is that configuration information encrypted?

Yes, your license key is encrypted.

If someone stole my laptop, would they theoretically be able to (...) obtain my Dropbox credentials

No. We don't store your Dropbox credentials. You might have a login item for Dropbox stored inside your 1Password Data, but this is protected with your master password. Without your master password, others cannot access your 1Password Data.

This discussion has been closed.