Trouble with Malwaretips.com Login (onfocus="this.value=''")

artoor
artoor
Community Member
edited June 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

First of all I'd like to welcome everybody :)
I'm a new one as far as 1Password is concerned, and so far it works very well but there is one little problem with malwaretips.com forum. When I was logging in (just after 1Password was installed on my laptop) it created an auto-logging form (and indeed I was logged in). Now auto-logging works - I mean it fills in the form, but even though I'm sure that nick and password are correct I got error saying "... You have entered an invalid username/password combination" - which is not true. When I logging in manually (entering the same nick and password) I'm logged in, but when 1P fills form I can't be logged in.
The problem concerns both - Firefox and IE browser (Windows 7 x32) and it is connected only with this one website.
I've already tried to add my nick and password manually into 1P client (not via plugin) and it didn't solve my problem.
I also tried this solution, which was proposed in this post -> discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/12704/trouble-with-vanguard-com-login, but it wasn't helpful in my case.
Any other suggestion how to solve this?

Kind regards,
Artur

Comments

• artoor
    artoor
    Community Member

I've found the solution (sort of) - when address in address bar is highlighted then auto-fill in works correctly. When it is not highlighted it doesn't work then. Perhaps some of you may need this information. Maybe in the future it will be corrected ;)

• artoor
    artoor
    Community Member
    edited June 2013

There is no option to edit my previous post, so I'll post one additional information here. Even if the address in address bar is highlighted it won't work to auto-fill in unless you'll use shortcut (by default "Ctrl + \")

Ehhh... found edit option... too late :|

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Hi Artoor!

Sorry you're having trouble with that site. Try editing the login and turning the Submit option to Never. In firefox, you can just mouse over the login item and press the blue > button. Then set the submit option to Never.

You'll need to click the Login button manually now, but this can often fix things like this.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes. I'm not sure if this was covered in the first link you provided, but definitely give it a try and let me know if it helps any.

• artoor
    artoor
    Community Member

Hello AGKyle,
    no need to be sorry. I followed your suggestion, but it doesn't work properly. In this case - when submit is set as "never", it seems that password is not input in password field - it looks like it is filled but in the end this field remains empty. So far my first idea is the only one that works :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2013

This should be resolved in the next beta version of the 1Password Firefox extension. If you want to switch to the beta channel to get the fix as soon as possible then install the beta extension from here:

https://agilebits.com/extensions/win/firefox.html?beta=y

You will get all the beta updates from then on. To switch back, just uninstall the beta extension and reinstall the stable extension from 1Password's preferences.

To be clear, the fix is not available yet but will be in the beta channel soon. You could also take no action and simply wait for it to reach the stable channel. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• artoor
    artoor
    Community Member

Khad, thank you for your answer. As it is not very uncomfortable, I'll wait until stable version is released :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Cheers! :D

This discussion has been closed.