Where to find backup file if 1Password is not installed?

Options

I downloaded the trial version of 1Password and have spent lots of time entering account info, and I just realized that I may not have actually installed the program, but instead it might be running from my desktop. Everything opens fine, though I can't seem to find it in my Applications folder and I can not find the backup file based on the default path shown in preferences. Since I have spent time entering info, I really want to make sure that the file is available for me to backup, though I'm afraid of doing something that may overwrite it since it is not installed?

1. Where can I find my current backup file with all of my info based on the fact that it may not be installed?
  2. After backing up my main file, should I just drag the 1Password icon from my desktop to the Applications folder?

Thanks!

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited June 2013
    Options

The Backups are store in ~/Library/Application Support/1Password/Backups

Your data file if you have not moved it should be within the 1Password folder indicated above. just above the Backup folder.

*Note you can copy the location above including the "~" symbol and past it into the Finder's Go to folder menu item

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/data_backup.html

This discussion has been closed.