New User - help please

martin_dms
martin_dms
Community Member

I have successfully set up 1password on my MAC and generated a new password for my online banking. On my I-Phone I have a mobile app which is provided by the bank. I can't see a way of completing the password field here. How am I supposed to do this? I assumed that the I-phone version would auto complete as the MAC version does but I cant see how. What is the correct way for entering the mobile app password. I cant go to the banks main web site because it is huge and cannot be optimized for the i-phone (hence the mobile app)

Comments

• kdcnz
    kdcnz
    Community Member

I copy the password from within 1Password & paste into my Banking App. An alternative method is to set up the mobile sign-on screen in iPhone 1Password (use the 2nd web site value) and then open the mobile version of the bank directly in 1Password. Note that only the 1st Web site value in iPhone 1Password is currently seen in Mac version. So you will only see the 2nd website value in the iPhone, which is where it's useful. Hope that helps.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@kdcnz is correct, @martin_dms. 1Password has a built in browser for filling Logins, Credit Cards, and Identities right within the app. However, Apple does not allow any iOS app to integrate with another, so if you want to fill a password in a separate iOS app, you'll need to copy and paste the password.

The good news is that 1Password makes even this easier for you:

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.