Chrome and Firefox extensions unable to connect to Helper

CryptoMac
CryptoMac
Community Member
edited June 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi. Just purchased 1password and it works fine if launched from the program icon. I've installed the plugins for latest versions of FF and Chrome and it never connects. I don't have any anti-virus program running at the moment to rule out that being an issue but it still will not connect. Any ideas? Thanks very much.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Please review our troubleshooting guide for this, and review each step carefully:

Troubleshooting the new browser extensions

A common cause is a proxy server or other "Internet security" programs blocking the secure connection between the sandboxed browser extension and the main 1Password program. I know you said you didn't have such a program installed, but for the sake of completeness, I do want to point out that workarounds for both of these are outlined in the guide, and the latter has its own page linked in step seven:

Configuring problematic antivirus/malware software

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us your Diagnostics Report? Select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File from the menu bar in 1Password.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.