...i have deleted all files and folders in dropbox pertaining to 1password.

i always seemed to be having problems with the syncing of my iphone, (message usually says unlink from dropbox then re-enable) however my ipad seemed to sync without any problems, so in my frustration i deleted all files out of dropbox as i wanted to get a fresh installation on my pc and both devices. however all the information is still on my chrome browser extension so my question is, how do i get the data that is on my browser extension into dropbox or onto the desktop app to enable me to get the fresh installation i want.

Comments

• cnolson100
    cnolson100
    Community Member
    edited June 2013

If you're looking to recover Dropbox files, it has that feature built in.

1. Visit your online Dropbox account
    2. Browse to the folder that contained your 1Password files
    3. Towards the top there is an icon that is something like "Show deleted files"
    4. Select and recover each file that you need to.

Hope that helps.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

1Password also creates a backup of your data automatically ever day. Select Backup > Restore 1Password Data from Backup from the menu bar and then select the most recent backup to restore.

• bootsy001
    bootsy001
    Community Member

have done as you instructed and yes the data has now appeared in my desktop app, however it wont sync to any of my mobile devices.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Your data needs to be in your Dropbox folder in order to sync. Only files in your Dropbox folder sync to Dropbox. If your data isn't there it won't sync.

Please be sure to click the "Move to Dropbox" button in 1Password's preferences.

If you're still having trouble, please tell me the path listed for "1Password Data" on the General tab. Here is my own as an example:

C:\Users\khad\Dropbox\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain

This discussion has been closed.