Security Times

Options
MikeV99
MikeV99
Community Member

I would like to see larger time limits than 30 minutes. I would like an option to not require a PW if the app is closed but to always require a PW if the iPad or iPhone are put to sleep (either by the Home button or screen timeout).

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I would like to see larger time limits than 30 minutes.

I will pass your vote for this along to the developers.

I would like an option to not require a PW if the app is closed but to always require a PW if the iPad or iPhone are put to sleep (either by the Home button or screen timeout).

I'm not a developer, but I don't believe the APIs exist to do that. "Lock on device sleep" would be a great feature if it was possible. I'll mention it to the devs just in case. Thanks for your feedback!

My own settings are "Request [Master Password] After" Never and "Request Code After" Never. However, I have "Lock on Exit" enabled, so I just have to type in the 4-digit Quick Unlock Code I set when returning to 1Password after I have already unlocked it with my Master Password. If anyone tries to guess my QUC, a single failed attempt reverts backs to prompting for the Master Password. These are settings that work extremely well for me and are both secure and convenient, but, as always, your mileage may vary. :)

• gc916
    gc916
    Community Member
    edited June 2013
    Options

khad,

I'm an ardent 1Password supporter (Mac and iPhone), but I have one issue that I find frustrating. I am using the same settings as you described in your post, but 1P still asks for my master password after some period of time (as yet undetermined by me). Is there a way to keep the QUC option persistent, even after the iPhone goes to sleep?

Thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

1P still asks for my master password after some period of time (as yet undetermined by me). Is there a way to keep the QUC option persistent, even after the iPhone goes to sleep?

If you are using the settings I indicated in my post above, it isn't actually related to your phone going to sleep. iOS actively manages memory on your device and "pushes" apps out of memory if they are inactive in the background. The Quick Unlock Code is only used for app access once you have already unlocked 1Password using your Master Password. It is never used for encryption of your data as it would not be secure enough (since it's only four digits; it could be cracked in seconds if that were the case).

We have more details on this in the User Guide. Please be sure to read the answer to the question "Can I configure 1Password to never prompt me again for the password/code?"

• gc916
    gc916
    Community Member
    Options

Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It is my pleasure to help. :)

Let me know if you ever have any other questions or concerns.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.