Plans to add Dashlane as Import Data Format?

Options

The csv route makes me a bit nervous; could result in a big mess.

Thanks

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Please let me know if you're having trouble with importing CSV data. I'd love to help if there is a specific issue that you are having. There really isn't anything to lose. Either you are starting from scratch with literally nothing to lose, or you can create a backup of your existing 1Password data before doing the import (File > Backup…). You can restore it at any time if you have trouble. :)

I'll pass your feature request for a specific importer along to the developers as well, though. Thanks!

• Gort
    Gort
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I will try CSV, after making a backup.

Unfortunately, what I want to do is a bit complicated and there is no question I will need to do a lot of manual work. When I imported my 1P data file into Dashlane (I strayed, I'm sorry), the import process scrambled a bunch of my data. So, as of today, I have two data files each of which is only partially correct: my original 1PW file, which includes correct data other than the data I changed after converting to Dashlane (meaning about 50% of the data is correct, 50% of the data is out of date); and my Dashlane data file, which includes correct data for everything I have changed after moving to Dashlane, but also includes a lot of corrupted passwords as a result of Dashlane's botched import process.

My plan is to:

• start with a brand new 1PW data file.
    • import my Dashlane data file into 1PW.
    • then, sit and try every login, when I find a "bad" one, I will load up my original 1PW file, find the correct data, and cut and paste it into the new data file.

There are other options, even with less work, but I think this is the best option to be sure I end up with what I want: a 1PW file with 100% accurate data.

Appreciate any suggestions.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It sounds like a good plan except for step 3. I would skip that and just reset passwords as I come across ones that I didn't have or that didn't work. Otherwise you may end up doing a lot of work for accounts you don't even use and will never need. :)

Maybe I am just lazy, though. ;)

I can't help with the grunt work, but let me know if there is an issue in 1Password that we need to get resolved or another feature you would like to request.

Cheers!

• Gort
    Gort
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.

Is is possible to have two instances of 1PW open, on the same machine, running different data files?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yes, if they are in separate OS X user accounts.

This discussion has been closed.