Trouble viewing Login details in Firefox 22

Options
jalyst0
jalyst0
Community Member
edited June 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Running latest beta version of add-on, latest version of Firefox, latest version of OSX.
Anyone know what gives, plans for a fix soon? TY.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm not sure what you mean by "can't go into login entries". Could you please describe in as much detail as possible the steps you are taking, and what you are [not] seeing happen? With some additional information from you we can then provide you with specific assistance.

Thanks!

• jalyst0
    jalyst0
    Community Member
    edited June 2013
    Options

I mean the login entries under the headings "fill & submit login" & "open login in a new tab". Those headings are in the "Logins" drop-down that appears when you click on the 1passwd icon in the top right-hand corner of Firefox. In the past I could click on the arrow at the end of any of those entires, & see more detail about that particular login entry.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah. I see. Thank you for clarifying. So you are just trying to view the details of a Login item from within the Firefox extension? Are you able to view the details if you press the Right arrow key on your keyboard while one of the Login items is selected?

And I should have asked above, but can you confirm for me the exact version numbers you are using for Firefox and the 1Password Firefox extension?

• jalyst0
    jalyst0
    Community Member
    edited June 2013
    Options

I wasn't aware of that keyboard shortcut, that does seem to work.
    Still, it'd be nice to get the broken functionality restored.
    Firefox = 22 (beta channel, not alpha or stable), add-on = 3.9.18b1

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It seems to be working well in the stable (supported) channel. Please do let me know if you are having trouble in Firefox 21. We'll investigate the upcoming 22 release in this regard.

• jalyst0
    jalyst0
    Community Member
    edited June 2013
    Options

Any rough guesstimation as to when the add-on will be improved for 22?
    The add-on's been on that beta build for quite some time now, & FF22's been around for yonks now too! I wish you guys would target the beta channel, that'd have you covered for all stable & beta FF users. I don't have the same problems with any of my other add-ons, but yours always seems to have issues with FF beta. Granted, I don't use many of my add-ons as much. TY.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Beta builds don't change as much as deb builds, but they are called beta for a reason. They are not stable. They are still in flux. It can be hard to hit a moving target. We target stable builds because they are stable, but we begin setting our sights even in dev builds.

I am not able to reproduce the issue in the stable channel, but perhaps it exists there as well and I am just misunderstanding you. If you would try it in the stable channel and let me know we would have a better idea of whether it has anything to do with Firefox 22 or not. It could just be a good ol' fashioned bug in our extension.

Let me know what you discover if you try it out in Firefox 21.

• jalyst0
    jalyst0
    Community Member
    edited June 2013
    Options

Thanks but sorry, no time to go back to FF21, maybe I'll try the non-beta add-on to see if it's any better with that.
    Beyond that, I'll just have to hope that the flakiness* which emerges with FF22 beta + beta add-on, is rectified sooner rather than later :-/ Thanks.

*there is a few other issues that I can't recall the detail for OTTOMH

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understandable. We always encourage folks to use stable browser builds for a stable experience, but you are free to live a little closer to the edge if you like. If you haven't seen it yet, we have a support article about support for prerelease browser versions.

This discussion has been closed.